This week I have been busy crazy. If it weren’t for the huge pan of Mexican Casserole in my fridge, we might have starved this week! The recipe has multiple variations, and can be made for two – or for ten – people. I love to make this with leftover shredded chicken – but can be made with ground beef, turkey, or meatless.
I apologize that 90% of the recipes I share on this site are Mexican. Actually, I take that back. I’m not apologizing for loving some good ol’ Mexican! Enjoy!
Easy Mexican Casserole
2 cups Shredded Chicken or other Cooked Meat (see how I get my shredded chicken here)
1-2 cans Black Beans
1 can Sweet Corn
8-16 ounces of tomato sauce (or enchilada sauce)
4-8 10″ Tortillas
1 can of Refried Beans
1 Jar Salsa
8 ounces Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Mexican Seasoning: Cumin, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper (or Taco Seasoning)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a saucepan, heat up the meat, black beans, corn, and Mexican seasoning to taste. This just needs to be warm and seasoned. If you start with uncooked ground beef or turkey, brown the meat before adding the rest of the ingredients.
3. Spray your 13″x9″ pan with Pam, and start lining up all your ingredients! This is a layering act – so be ready!
4. Spread the bottom of the pan with 8 ounces of tomato sauce. Add seasoning if you are not using enchilada sauce. (I just sprinkle seasoning on the sauce in the pan – no need to mix it up ahead of time!)
5. Layer 2-3 tortillas.
6. Spread 1/2 can of refried beans on tortillas.
7. Layer half of the meat and bean mixture.
8. Layer half of the jar of salsa.
9. Layer half of the cheese.
10. Repeat, ending with the cheese.
11. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Make Your Week Easier with these Deals that Keep Me GoingLeTote - I know the last thing on your mind is new clothes for you. But, seriously? When was the last time you shopped for yourself? Do you even have time to think about new fall clothes? Let me tell you what I do. I rent my clothes with Le Tote. Yep. I pick out a few outfits every month, wear them, LOVE them, and then send them back. Their prices are super cheap, and I don't have to buy anything. If you are pregnant, their maternity clothes are AMAZING. Get a free tote here and love your FREE CLOTHES!
EveryPlate - I know every mom in the world is talking about Hello Fresh - but let me tell you why EveryPlate is better and cheaper than Hello Fresh. EveryPlate provides fresh family-friendly meals right to your door - but for less than $10/serving. Their meals are the same as other providers, but they use less packaging (yay saving the environment!) so they can charge less. They also offer fewer meals per week with a wider rotation, so we never get sick of the same meals! I have used them for MONTHS, and we have loved every single meal. Stop meal planning today and try EveryPlate this week with a $20 discount. Click here to get you first box at $1.66/serving!
KiwiCo - Are your kids staying home this school season? Do you need something to keep your littles busy for HOURS? You need to get KiwiCo Activity Crates for your kids every month. These boxes teach your kids, provide 2-3 activities per month, give you a free storybook, and entertain your kids for under $20/month. We have loved them for years. Seriously, make this school year easier for you with KiwiCo.