It’s been awhile since I wrote a Come Research with Me post – and so I decided to share my recent research that I did for my husband!
My husband is a good dresser. He always has been. I think he once spent a thousand dollars at Land’s End and it has lasted him about ten years. Not joking. This man knows his clothes.
But lately I have wanted him to upgrade his jeans. His jeans weren’t bad, just a little old. We aren’t getting any younger, and I wanted to spruce up his wardrobe. Of course, being the student of What Not To Wear that I am, I wanted to stick with straight and dark jeans. None of this light-washed bagginess for us! I did the research and we braved the mall. My husband is not much of a lover of trying on clothes in dressing room. Who is? But, he did it just for me and man we scored big! This is what we found! I hope this can help you get your man some nice jeans!
(For all my research and thoughts on jeans for you, check out my Jeans 101 post!)
- Wash: Dark wash
- Syle: Bootcut or Straight
- Quality: Better than Target – not as nice as Seven for All Mankind
- Price: Under $100
- Other: No holes, not a lot of distressing
American Eagle Original Boot Jean
- Great cut and wash
- Only $39.95
- Real-life: Just didn’t fit right. We decided we this bootcut was too baggy.
American Eagle Bootcut Jean
- We liked the Medium Broken In Wash better than the Dark
- Still only $39.95!
- Real-Life: These jeans still didn’t fit right. The bootcut still seemed too baggy.
Banana Republic Boot-cut Indigo Jeans
- Great look – but I was worried these would be too dark.
- $89.50 – a good price for Banana Republic
- Real-Life: I really wanted to try these on. They were out of stock.
Abercrombie and Fitch Boot Jeans
- These were the right wash and style
- On sale for $39!
- Real-Life: We didn’t make it to A&F – we found the perfect pair at Express first.
Express Kingston Classic Fit Boot Cut
- Great wash and look
- Real-Life: These were still baggy. I figured we needed “Slim Cut Bootcut”. Do they make that?
Express Rocco Slim Fit Boot Cut
- We decided we loved this lightly-distressed look much better than the one-color dark wash.
- $79.90 (But get second pair 50%)
- Real-Life: These were perfect! We loved the slim fit boot cut – and they were perfect! Score.
My husband looks amazing in these! He has worn them non-stop and confesses that he loves them much more than his older favorite pair. Note: He did get them altered to take in the waist. Remember you can always alter your jeans to make a good pair the perfect pair!
This page has affiliate links.
Read My Other Wardrobe Posts Here
My Capsule Wardrobe
5 Tips to Never Iron Again
The Secret to make your heels comfortable all day long
My favorite basics from Forever 21
How to Buy and Sell Clothes on Ebay
The Perfect White Blouse
Get Your Man Some Nice Jeans
How to shop sales and never pay full price
Denim for Women 101
5 Rules for the Perfect Wardrobe
Just Call me Audrey | Must-Have Items for your Wardrobe
The Classic Pencil Skirt
The Perfect Nude Heel
That Sexy White One Piece
Make Your Week Easier with these Deals that Keep Me GoingLeTote - I know the last thing on your mind is new clothes for you. But, seriously? When was the last time you shopped for yourself? Do you even have time to think about new fall clothes? Let me tell you what I do. I rent my clothes with Le Tote. Yep. I pick out a few outfits every month, wear them, LOVE them, and then send them back. Their prices are super cheap, and I don't have to buy anything. If you are pregnant, their maternity clothes are AMAZING. Get a free tote here and love your FREE CLOTHES!
EveryPlate - I know every mom in the world is talking about Hello Fresh - but let me tell you why EveryPlate is better and cheaper than Hello Fresh. EveryPlate provides fresh family-friendly meals right to your door - but for less than $10/serving. Their meals are the same as other providers, but they use less packaging (yay saving the environment!) so they can charge less. They also offer fewer meals per week with a wider rotation, so we never get sick of the same meals! I have used them for MONTHS, and we have loved every single meal. Stop meal planning today and try EveryPlate this week with a $20 discount. Click here to get you first box at $1.66/serving!
KiwiCo - Are your kids staying home this school season? Do you need something to keep your littles busy for HOURS? You need to get KiwiCo Activity Crates for your kids every month. These boxes teach your kids, provide 2-3 activities per month, give you a free storybook, and entertain your kids for under $20/month. We have loved them for years. Seriously, make this school year easier for you with KiwiCo.