We make this homemade pizza dough recipe EVERY WEEK. It is the most flavorful pizza crust and pizza – but doesn’t take hours to make! The crust itself is a light yeasty crust that gets really soft. It doesn’t require any extra time to rise – and I can make it all easily in under 30 minutes (including baking time!).
I’m a Pizza Hut girl through and through (hello breadsticks) – and also love me some frozen pizza. But we always end up making this homemade pizza dough and homemade pizza – because it is a lot more filling than frozen, and cheaper and healthier than Pizza Hut.
We have often found that if you are counting calories – this is less calories for the amount of pizza you eat. Basically, we get more filled up with less calories :).
I am also sharing some tips below for easy pizza making! Have fun!
(Looking for more recipes like this? Check out my “No Plan” Menu Plan that is full of easy fast perfect dinners. Each week you get 5 mix and match dinners that only include 20 ingredients total! Check it out here.)
A must-have for perfect homemade pizza crust
I only make pizza on a pizza stone – it is just hands-down the best way! It cooks the pizza evenly and keeps it hot for hours afterwards. You have to try it!
Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe and Pizza Tips
- Store your pepperoni in the freezer. I do this and the pepperoni never goes bad. It lets me keep a bag for a while without having to use it before the expiration date. (I don’t even thaw it before I use it – just separate the pieces right before I place on the pizza.)
- Melt butter + garlic powder + Italian Seasoning and brush on the crust before you add the sauce. It’s SO GOOD.
- Stuffed Crust variation: Take 4 pieces of string cheese and split each in half. After you make the crust, place the cheese around the circumference and roll the edge of the crust over the string cheese. It’s so good!
- Buy your bread flour from Sam’s or Costco in bulk. I get my bread flour there (I use a lot of it!) and it’s 25 pounds for under $10! (And I store it in a dog food container! You can see this is if you click here to watch me cook the pizza on Instagram.)
Have a favorite homemade pizza variation? Let me know!
Want to see me make this in 30 minutes?
Homemade Pizza Crust
- 1 package yeast
- 1 c warm water
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 1/2 c bread flour
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 t salt
Ingredients for Pizza:
- 1 T. butter
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1/2 c marinara sauce
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in flour, salt and oil. Mix/beat until smooth. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and roll into a round. (I just take straight from bowl and roll into a round on my pizza stone).
- Don’t skimp on the olive oil! I’ve done this, and the crust is a lot tougher.
- Melt butter and garlic in the microwave and brush on to the crust with a pastry brush.
- Spread on Marinara sauce and top with toppings, cheese and pepperoni, and bake in preheated oven 14-20 minutes.
Make Your Week Easier with these Deals that Keep Me GoingLeTote - I know the last thing on your mind is new clothes for you. But, seriously? When was the last time you shopped for yourself? Do you even have time to think about new fall clothes? Let me tell you what I do. I rent my clothes with Le Tote. Yep. I pick out a few outfits every month, wear them, LOVE them, and then send them back. Their prices are super cheap, and I don't have to buy anything. If you are pregnant, their maternity clothes are AMAZING. Get a free tote here and love your FREE CLOTHES!
EveryPlate - I know every mom in the world is talking about Hello Fresh - but let me tell you why EveryPlate is better and cheaper than Hello Fresh. EveryPlate provides fresh family-friendly meals right to your door - but for less than $10/serving. Their meals are the same as other providers, but they use less packaging (yay saving the environment!) so they can charge less. They also offer fewer meals per week with a wider rotation, so we never get sick of the same meals! I have used them for MONTHS, and we have loved every single meal. Stop meal planning today and try EveryPlate this week with a $20 discount. Click here to get you first box at $1.66/serving!
KiwiCo - Are your kids staying home this school season? Do you need something to keep your littles busy for HOURS? You need to get KiwiCo Activity Crates for your kids every month. These boxes teach your kids, provide 2-3 activities per month, give you a free storybook, and entertain your kids for under $20/month. We have loved them for years. Seriously, make this school year easier for you with KiwiCo.