I just wanted to write a little follow up on my Life Planner that I bought last year. Remember it? This gorgeous Plum Paper Planner? Here are some posts to catch you up!
I really loved (and still love) this planner. But, I have decided not to buy another Life Planner this year. In fact, I might never buy another one again. In case you wanted an honest look at Life Planners in general, here are my reasons:
1. I did not use this planner to its full potential. I spent so much time customizing the “work”, “blog”, “home” and all the other sections – and 70% of the time, I just didn’t follow the customizations. I mean, they were really cool features! But, I felt like I wasted money on features that I didn’t have time to use on a daily basis.
2. The planner became a glorified grocery list. I guess I didn’t have as many schedules and dates to organize, and all I really did was right down to-do and grocery lists. I mean, I like grocery lists. But I don’t want to spend $40 on one!
3. It became a guilt purchase. I felt like I needed to use the planner because I spent so much money on it – and then I felt guilty for letting days go by without using it. That is not the point of a planner!
4. I have a better memory than I thought. Honestly, writing things down in the planner became repetitive. I know that I needed to clean the sheets, so why write them down in the planner 30 minutes before cleaning them? Maybe it’s because I don’t have kids and 10 schedules to juggle. But honestly, I can remember my appointments and plans just fine.
5. I like cheap simple planners. I already have a free planner that I am using for 2015 – and honestly, I am really excited to start using it :). All the guilt and pressure is off! Small, simple planners, here I come!
(This is in no way meant to bash Plum Paper or any other Life Planner business. The actual planners are great – I just don’t need one!)
Make Your Week Easier with these Deals that Keep Me GoingLeTote - I know the last thing on your mind is new clothes for you. But, seriously? When was the last time you shopped for yourself? Do you even have time to think about new fall clothes? Let me tell you what I do. I rent my clothes with Le Tote. Yep. I pick out a few outfits every month, wear them, LOVE them, and then send them back. Their prices are super cheap, and I don't have to buy anything. If you are pregnant, their maternity clothes are AMAZING. Get a free tote here and love your FREE CLOTHES!
EveryPlate - I know every mom in the world is talking about Hello Fresh - but let me tell you why EveryPlate is better and cheaper than Hello Fresh. EveryPlate provides fresh family-friendly meals right to your door - but for less than $10/serving. Their meals are the same as other providers, but they use less packaging (yay saving the environment!) so they can charge less. They also offer fewer meals per week with a wider rotation, so we never get sick of the same meals! I have used them for MONTHS, and we have loved every single meal. Stop meal planning today and try EveryPlate this week with a $20 discount. Click here to get you first box at $1.66/serving!
KiwiCo - Are your kids staying home this school season? Do you need something to keep your littles busy for HOURS? You need to get KiwiCo Activity Crates for your kids every month. These boxes teach your kids, provide 2-3 activities per month, give you a free storybook, and entertain your kids for under $20/month. We have loved them for years. Seriously, make this school year easier for you with KiwiCo.