I just wanted to write a little follow up on my Life Planner that I bought last year. Remember it? This gorgeous Plum Paper Planner? Here are some posts to catch you up!
I really loved (and still love) this planner. But, I have decided not to buy another Life Planner this year. In fact, I might never buy another one again. In case you wanted an honest look at Life Planners in general, here are my reasons:
1. I did not use this planner to its full potential. I spent so much time customizing the “work”, “blog”, “home” and all the other sections – and 70% of the time, I just didn’t follow the customizations. I mean, they were really cool features! But, I felt like I wasted money on features that I didn’t have time to use on a daily basis.
2. The planner became a glorified grocery list. I guess I didn’t have as many schedules and dates to organize, and all I really did was right down to-do and grocery lists. I mean, I like grocery lists. But I don’t want to spend $40 on one!
3. It became a guilt purchase. I felt like I needed to use the planner because I spent so much money on it – and then I felt guilty for letting days go by without using it. That is not the point of a planner!
4. I have a better memory than I thought. Honestly, writing things down in the planner became repetitive. I know that I needed to clean the sheets, so why write them down in the planner 30 minutes before cleaning them? Maybe it’s because I don’t have kids and 10 schedules to juggle. But honestly, I can remember my appointments and plans just fine.
5. I like cheap simple planners. I already have a free planner that I am using for 2015 – and honestly, I am really excited to start using it :). All the guilt and pressure is off! Small, simple planners, here I come!
(This is in no way meant to bash Plum Paper or any other Life Planner business. The actual planners are great – I just don’t need one!)
Deals that are saving my hide lately...
🧒 For your kid - I found these printable activity packs for my toddler that are LIFESAVERS. My daughter literally wants to do these activities for hours every day. They are called the Ultimate Preschool Activity Bundles, and there are activities for every theme. Each activity has dozens of pages that are printable pages that teach number and letter recognition, colors, counting, patterns, and much more. These are my favorites:
- ⭐Under the Sea Pack
- ⭐Color Matching Bundle
- ⭐Do a Dot Numbers
- ⭐Do a Dot Alphabet
- ⭐Do a Dot Bundle
- ⭐Busy Book for Toddlers
- ⭐ Editable Daily Routine Cards
🧹For your cleaning routine - I have started getting my cleaning products on Grove Collaborative - and they literally have changed my cleaning routine. Right now they are running their deal for my favorite Plastic-Free Cleaning Line for free, so make sure you check it out. Here are some tips to get the most out of this deal:
- 🧹If you already have a Grove account, use a new email address to get this deal...and then cancel.
- 🧹Make sure to set a calendar reminder to cancel the Grove VIP trial after a month. No harm no foul.
- 🧹 Choose the Plastic-Free Hand Soap Set ($45 value) and get all everything for free.
- 🧹Fill your cart with $20 worth of products you need anyway...
🌮 For Dinner - I know every mom in the world is talking about Hello Fresh - but I'm here to tell you that EveryPlate is better and cheaper than Hello Fresh. I have used it for years with my own pennies...and it really gives me life.
EveryPlate sends me dinner recipes and ingredients right to my door - but for less than $10/serving. Their meals are the same as other providers but HALF the price. It doesn't matter how many $90 off coupons other providers throw at you - this dinner box is still cheaper.
They use less packaging (yay saving the environment!) so they can charge less. They also offer fewer meals per week with a wider rotation. I have used them for over a year, and we have loved every single meal.
When I use EveryPlate, I can actually forget that I have to cook dinner. The ingredients are already in my fridge.
⭐ Stop meal planning and try EveryPlate this week with a $20 discount. Click here to get you first box at $2.49/serving!