I think Starbucks has us wrapped around its little finger. And who’s complaining? With the million and one combinations they offer, pretty much everyone is happy. When I go to Starbucks, though, I am always looking for ways to trick the system. The same taste for less? A clever hack no one knows about? Here are some Starbucks tricks and tips you never knew existed!
Don’t leave until you read the comments with all the pro’s tips! They are gold.
- Add a shot or sprinkle: Ask for a shot of mint or sprinkle in vanilla, cocoa or cinnamon at the coffee bar. Get that little twist for an additional $.55. Oh, and Christmas “red cup” season has Gingerbread syrup you can add! Read about more Cheap (under $3) Starbucks Drinks here.
- Refills for $.50 all day: Get the Tall and then refill all you want! (*This only applies as long as you are in the store.*)
- Bring your own cup: Bring your own cup and receive a $.10 discount!
- Go healthy: Order the healthiest version of your Starbucks favorite! Use this list of the Healthiest Iced Starbucks Drinks here. My favorite? The Iced Skinny Mocha saves you 400 calories!
- Free triple-filter water: Save yourself the bottled-water price!
- French Press for a Few: Order a pot of french-pressed coffee and serve a few friends for less!
- Got kids? Use this cheat sheet for the best Starbucks kid-friendly drinks! Who knew they had a “Babycino” that is an extra-foamy milk—like a cappuccino, but without the espresso. Ask for it bone-dry if you want the drink to be all foam.
- Celebrate your birthday! Sign up for the Starbucks reward program (registration is free) and get a free drink when your birthday comes around. (You’ll have to redeem it in the 30 days after your birthday.)
- Design your own! This list is awesome! The Oreo Frappe? The Cinnamon Roll? What about the Poor Man’s Chai Latte that is half the price?
- There’s another size! Order the “short” – even smaller than the “tall!” The “short” cappuccino has the same amount of espresso as the as its “tall” version, but for less.
- Treat your Pup: Order a puppy latte or puppycino, and your dog will get a sample cup full of whipped cream.
- And my favorite? Personally, I love to add a shot of caramel to my regular coffee (iced or hot). To me, this gives the same flavor as an (iced) Caramel Machiatto. I love this trick and save TONS of calories and dollars with it :).
- Make sure you read the comments below! There are some awesome suggestions from real baristas!
*Disclaimer, I have only tried a few of these ideas. If you are a Starbucks Barista, feel free to comment on the validity of these ideas.*
Deals that are saving my hide lately...
🧒 For your kid - I found these printable activity packs for my toddler that are LIFESAVERS. My daughter literally wants to do these activities for hours every day. They are called the Ultimate Preschool Activity Bundles, and there are activities for every theme. Each activity has dozens of pages that are printable pages that teach number and letter recognition, colors, counting, patterns, and much more. These are my favorites:
- ⭐Under the Sea Pack
- ⭐Color Matching Bundle
- ⭐Do a Dot Numbers
- ⭐Do a Dot Alphabet
- ⭐Do a Dot Bundle
- ⭐Busy Book for Toddlers
- ⭐ Editable Daily Routine Cards
🧹For your cleaning routine - I have started getting my cleaning products on Grove Collaborative - and they literally have changed my cleaning routine. Right now they are running their deal for my favorite Plastic-Free Cleaning Line for free, so make sure you check it out. Here are some tips to get the most out of this deal:
- 🧹If you already have a Grove account, use a new email address to get this deal...and then cancel.
- 🧹Make sure to set a calendar reminder to cancel the Grove VIP trial after a month. No harm no foul.
- 🧹 Choose the Plastic-Free Hand Soap Set ($45 value) and get all everything for free.
- 🧹Fill your cart with $20 worth of products you need anyway...
🌮 For Dinner - I know every mom in the world is talking about Hello Fresh - but I'm here to tell you that EveryPlate is better and cheaper than Hello Fresh. I have used it for years with my own pennies...and it really gives me life.
EveryPlate sends me dinner recipes and ingredients right to my door - but for less than $10/serving. Their meals are the same as other providers but HALF the price. It doesn't matter how many $90 off coupons other providers throw at you - this dinner box is still cheaper.
They use less packaging (yay saving the environment!) so they can charge less. They also offer fewer meals per week with a wider rotation. I have used them for over a year, and we have loved every single meal.
When I use EveryPlate, I can actually forget that I have to cook dinner. The ingredients are already in my fridge.
⭐ Stop meal planning and try EveryPlate this week with a $20 discount. Click here to get you first box at $2.49/serving!