This easy meal plan for two is FULL of the perfect recipes for the spring! I am super excited about the recipe for Pesto. You might just want to dance around your kitchen barefoot :). Jess has also verified that the week is “21 Day Fix Proof” for all you Beachbody folks!
My favorites this week are the Spring Pasta Salad and the Chicken Tortilla Soup – my husband and I eat these all the time! Let’s also talk about kabobs. Variations of these will actually make an appearance many times during this menu plan. The reason? They are SUPER easy and SUPER versatile. You can use any meat or veggie combination you like. And, they are the easiest thing to cook. Go ahead and buy a pack of wooden skewers at the store this week, because you’ll be using them a lot!
Here’s what included this week:
Dinner 1: Spring Pasta Salad
Dinner 2: Chicken Pesto Bake
Dinner 3: Chicken Tortilla Soup
Dinner 4: Easy Paninis
Dinner 5: Grilled Chicken Pesto Kabobs
- Each Easy Meal Plan for Two includes a maximum of 20 ingredients. That’s right. You receive a grocery list of no more than 20 ingredients. This provides you with a budget-friendly grocery list, no matter where you shop.
- The plan only includes 5 dinner recipes. This allows you the flexibility to mix and match them according to your schedule. They are not assigned to days of the week.
- Each recipe is categorized by one of 4 cook times. It will either be a 10 minute recipe, 30 minute recipe, an hour recipe, or slow cooker recipe. You choose according to how much time you have.
- Each recipe includes 3 complete food groups: protein, grain and vegetable. Healthy – without counting calories.
- Each recipe is for 2 servings – aimed at young couples who need a fast dinner option. Families can multiply the ingredients.
- Each week will give you the instructions for 1 Prep Day. By prepping a few ingredients the weekend before, your cook time each day will be drastically shortened.
A few more things…
- Many recipes include substitutions for the kinds of meat used (and many include the option to be meatless).
- Many recipes will show the optional ingredients. You can adjust according to your taste.
- Each week, menu plans will be posted on Thursday, giving you Friday and the weekend for shopping + your Prep Day.
- Each week will be self-contained with full recipes included. You just need to print one page, and use it all week.
- Each week will include multiple time-saving tips – to help you in the long-run!